Bollywood has an old connection with the festival of Raksha Bandhan. We have seen movies like ‘Bandhan’, ‘Agneepath’ ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’and ‘Josh’ beautifully portraying the relationship the siblings share. These movies always remind us of the time when we fought with our siblings, teased them, shown our love, played a prank on them and fought with family for them.
The fact is that Bollywood has always glorified this brother and sister bond based festival in its movies and a number of songs like Phoolon Ka Taro Ka (Hare Rama Hare Krishna), Rakhi Ke Bandhan Ko Nibhana (Choti Behan) and many more.
So, with Rakhi fast approaching we bring you a quick round-up of the top 8 Bollywood bhai bahen jodis…
Kapoors are like the royal family of Bollywood and these are the prince and princesses of the clan. The new generation of the Kapoors has some real talents like Kareena and the heartthrob Ranbir & Karisma. Just look at the picture & you can see how much they love each other!
Arjun Kapoor- Sonam Kapoor
Bollywood diva & the hunk! Arjun Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor are first cousins and obviously adore each other, which is clearly evident in this lovely photograph.
Farhan Akhtar-Zoya Akhtar
They are synonyms of creativity! With Zoya Akhtar’s directorial debut Luck By Chance and the much recent Dil Dhadakne Do, we saw that Farhan Akhtar knows how to keep his darling sister happy – by being a good brother on the sets of their film!
Saif Ali Khan-Soha Ali Khan
They are literally the royal brother-sister duo of bollywood and a sheer example of sibling love. They have posed together in front of the camera several times including an ad of the brand that both of them endorsed.
Farah Khan -Sajid Khan
Though both of made are well known and have their mark in Bollywood, this bhai-behen jodi have tried their hand different things like acting, choreography, hosting, etc.
Ekta Kapoor-Tusshar Kapoor
One of the most popular off-screen bhai-behen jodis in Bollywood! Ekta’s love for his brother is an open secret as with almost every movie that she produced, she tried to promote her brother, be it the movie Kyaa Kool Hai Hum or Shootout at Lokhandwala, giving her pivotal roles.
Ameesha Patel- Ashmit Patel
Their rivalry was much talked about gossip in the industry, until the sister showered all her love & support on brother, Ashmit on a TV reality show. To patch up is good, isn’t it?
Abhishek Bachchan- Shweta Nanda
Not an actor by profession, elder sister Shweta is a huge fan of Abhishek’s movies. She also hosted a baby shower along with mom Jaya Bachchan for sister-in-law Aishwarya Rai recently. Sweet sis, we say!
This Raksha Bandan, gift some cool gift hampers to your sibling & make the day a memorable one. So, what are you waiting for?
Visit http://www.archiesonline.com/rakhi now! Happy Rakhi!
Rakhi expresses the beautiful bond between brothers and sisters. The bond of mischief, fun, care and love between siblings is celebrated every year on Raksha Bandhan. Gone are the days when just the brother used to think up about just the perfect gift that would cheer her sister. It’s time for a change.
Let’s break the stereotype this year, and celebrate the Raksha Bandhan festival in a different manner. Let’s not burden just the brothers this year, let sisters also do the thinking. If you are one of those sisters, here’s a little bit of help we offer.
1. Mugs: What’s better way to show your love to your brother than gifting him a trendy coffee mug with a cool message? A perfect way to tell him how lucky you feel to have him in your life, this mug is sure to bring a smile on his face.
2. Watches: A must in every guy’s wardrobe, Watches are something men always love to show off. Imagine how happy your brother would be what he receives a classy & cool addition to his wardrobe from her sister. Look out for the timeless smile when he unfolds the gift.
3. Photo frames: Give your brother a reason to smile this Rakhi as you gift him the stylish & unique photo frame. A lovely way to tell him how much he means to you, this frame is sure to make him miss you every time he’ll glance at it.
5.Bar Accessories: Maybe your brother isn’t much of a drinker, but he probably has a wistful dream of creating an awesome bar to throw parties at home. Give your brother a surprise, gift him something from our Bar accessories section. We bet you will cherish the look at his face forever and it would simply make you the coolest sister in the world.
6. Men’s Jewellery: On this beautiful occasion, pamper your brother the same way he pampers you throughout the year. Instead of picking out the conventional basket of sweets, reflect the affection and love you feel for him through our stylish collection of men’s jewellery.
7. Wallet: Wallet simply makes a perfect gift for guys and also teaches them to get organized. Don’t forget to put some money in it so your brother will have good luck. By putting money in a wallet or purse that is being given as a gift, you ensure that the wallet or purse will never be empty of money.
8. Sunglasses: Shades are great for fashion-forward young guys and those who enjoy the wild outdoors, while aviators are perfect for a classy and sophisticated look. Whichever type he is, Sunglasses are perfect for a gift this Rakhi and is sure to delight him.
So, this Rakhi take a step forward & make your brother feel special like he makes you feel the whole year. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
Rakhi is around the corner! Have you picked up any gift for your sister? If not dont worry, we will guide you what to pick for your sister. This Raksha Bandhan, let her know that you love her the most. Cherish your bond with our exclusive range of gifts. Take a look at our collection:
1. Gift Hampers: Surprise your sister in a unique way on Raksha Bandhan as you gift her this hamper. A lovely way to show love for your adorable sister, this hamper includes a perfume, a trendy mug and a greeting card. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakshabandhan/gifts-hampers
2. Jewellery: Looking for stylish neckpiece for your sister? This classy floral pendant with chain will make for a perfect pick for her. Adorned beautifully with mauve colored stones, this neckpiece with an adjustable lobstr clasp will be a distinct addition to her jewellery collection. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakhi/sister/jewellery
3. Soft Toys: Send this adorable bunny to your sister any day to express how much you care. This cuddly and furry soft toy with floppy ears is sure to make your sister’s heart skip a beat when she’ll receive it. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakhi/sister/soft-toys
4. Fragrances: Energize and refresh your senses by wearing one of these She is fun fragrances and mesmerize everyone around. With top notes of floral and fruit freshness, this gift box containing deodorant and perfume is sure to become your favorite in no time. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakhi/sister/fragrances
5. Sunglasses: Be a trendsetter by wearing these smart brown sunglasses with your casual ensembles. This UV protected stylish pair will not only be a great addition to your collection, but ideal for gifting too. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakhi/sister/accessories/sunglasses
6. Bags & Wallet: Accessorize your everyday look in a trendy manner with this classy black clutch with sling. The clutch comes with checkered texture and is beautified with a metallic chain and a bow. The stylish clutch is secured with a magnetic button closure and comes with a detachable sling to make it an easy carry. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakhi/sister/accessories
7. Chocolates: Let your sister feel special the chocolaty way as you gift her these amazing chocolates hamper. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakhi/sister/chocolates
8. Watches: Lend a touch of style to your casual look with this classy white watch featuring an analog display. This chic timepiece with an embellished white dial will surely make for a distinctive addition to your accessory collection. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakhi/sister/watches
9. Photo frames: Relive the most memorable moment of your life spent with your sister by framing it in this trendy photo frame. The wooden photo frame with an appealing floral pattern is sure to be an ideal gift for your sister on her birthday. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakhi/sister/home-decor/photoframes
10. Stationary: If your sister is in school, Stationary would be perfect gift for her. Choose a gift for her from our exclusive collection. Shop here: https://www.archiesonline.com/shop/rakhi/sister/stationery
Cherish the bond of love with our exclusive Rakhi collection. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
Raksha Bandhan, a day dedicated to siblings is popularly known as the bond of love, care & respect.Sisters express their affection by fastening a ‘Rakhi’ on their brother's wrist whereas the brother takes the responsibility of protecting his sister throughout his life. A rakhi is a blessed thread to celebrate and strengthen the bond of love.
1) Because exchanging gifts with siblings is fun: One of the prime reasons to celebrate Rakhi is exchanging gifts and celebrating the love. Every sibling loves to receive gifts from their brothers and sisters. There is no doubt that we all love receiving gifts but Rakhi presents are totally adorable and unpredictable. Why? Because of the excitement it generates. It’s like Indian Christmas!
2) Let’s celebrate my sibling: A day which celebrates the bond between a brother & a sister. Siblings should take out time and go for a movie, exchange gifts or simply spend time at home. Cherish their childhood memories together by watching old albums.
3) Coz we are friends forever: The first friend who will always be at your side in everything. Your partner in crime, one who taught you sharing is caring and with whom day does not complete without fighting. But in the end, siblings are your best friends forever. They will be at your
side till eternity.
4) To show affection towards your sibling: The best way to show affection towards your sibling is to pamper them with gifts. We have variety of options to choose from – from personalized gifts to Greetings to hamper. You name it, we have it all! Here’s a glimpse of our collection: bit.ly/1K4FrX2
5) To cherish those moments with the family: Celebrate Raksha bandhan with family by giving them the most priceless gift i.e your time. There’s nothing like spending time with siblings and family in this entire world.
Celebrate Raksha Bandhan with love, care and loads of gifts for your sibling. Shop here our exclusive Rakhi range bit.ly/1K4FrX2.